Auditing Process Safety Management (PSM) Programs
OSHA's PSM and EPA's RMP regulations specify that companies must perform periodic compliance audits and require documentation of their audit findings and action plans. Audits carry great significance, and must be planned and performed with consideration of many factors.
Attendees will learn how to plan, prepare, perform, and follow-up on a compliance audit for OSHA's PSM and EPA's RMP regulations and/or other environmental safety and quality standards. This course provides a systematic, step-by-step approach to conducting an objective, accurate audit. Workshop exercises are used to develop auditing skills.
Course attendees receive a detailed course manual, workshop materials, and electronic copies of regulatory standards and resource materials.
Learn how to plan, prepare, perform, and follow-up on a compliance audit against OSHA's PSM and EPA's RMP regulations and/or other environmental and quality standards. This course is designed to help participants understand what is involved and learn how to perform a successful audit.
Managers, supervisors and EH&S coordinators responsible for conducting or managing compliance audits.
An understanding of the prevention program requirements of OSHA PSM or EPA RMP regulations. Alternatively, attendance at Primatech's course "Designing and Implementing a Process Safety Management (PSM) Program".
- Regulatory Requirements for PSM/RMP Auditing
- Overview of PSM/RMP Auditing
- Developing an Audit Program
- Preparation for an Audit
- Conducting an Audit
- Evaluating Compliance with OSHA's PSM Standard and EPA's RMP Rule
- Recording Audits
- Reporting on Audits
- Follow-up on Audit Findings
- Quality Control in Auditing
- Issues in Using Audit Findings
Duration / Credits
- Two days
- 1.4 CEUs awarded
- 2.34 CM Points, ABIH Approval #: 10-141
- 14 PDH or Technical Hours
- 1.4 COCs
- For USA Courses, see Schedule
- For International Courses see Information on Registration and Tuition - International